Saturday 12 January 2013

Tom Granger Design Sketches Continued (DD1101)

Carrying on from where I left off, I drew the first costume design for Granger. Considering that the amour is connected to his nerves, I envisioned him in a sort of jumpsuit with wires visible across the suit that link to the nerves. I think this design may look a tad out of place as it has a more futuristic look. 

My next design be a bulkier set of armour with cogs and mechanisms partly visible  the book does describe the armour being mechanical so I think this may be a more relevant design. I have decided to use the face that I designed at the start for my final design as I think it suits the character and how the affects of brine have deteriorated his aesthetics.

He is also holding the replicating sword in one hand and an unmer pistol in the other. In the book, the unmer are said to have two different kinds of sorcery related to weaponry; Brutalist and Entropic. Brutalist sorcery uses the movement of energy to destroy foes while as Entropic sorcery concerns the creation and deconstruction of matter.

The pistol has a Steampunk design with unmer crystals used as ammunition which provide energy to vaporize target. The Replicating sword looks like a normal man made blade with some embellishments of unmer design.

Finally the blood red shield strapped to his back is of a diamond shape and has an odd shape, also in the form of a crystal.




No comments:

Post a Comment