Tuesday 23 October 2012

Design Movement Choice (DD1000)

As part of Historical Contextual Studies with Ben, we must write an essay that  identifies a chosen design movement that presents an in depth catalogue of information. To start the group must choose a design movement with which they would like to base this essay around. Though it isn't finalized I believe I will choose Art Deco.

Art Deco is quite an interesting movement to me and I would like to find out more about it. We have covered this movement in a recent lecture and I found out many new facts, one of these being that the majority of stage theatres have an Art Deco design primarily because it was highly popular in the 1960's when they were structured. 

The Manchester O2 Apollo Arena is a prime example within the local area as I remember noticing the decor when I was at a concert sometime last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment